Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Color Your People "Purple"

A 10 year old boy had a terminal illness that had left him blind. A hospital administrator brought a friend around to meet him. "Are they treating you okay?" the friend asked. "You bet," the boy replied with a smile. "They make me feel purple." "Purple?" "Yes," the boy said. "They tell me neat stories, they listen to all my questions, they get me what I need . . . and then they give me a big hug. It makes me feel like a prince - - all purple!" As speaker and author Chip R. Bell notes, "Great leaders are purple makers. They know there is a straight line between how employees feel and how they make customers feel or how much passion is put into their work." Hope you have a "purple" day! Shanda

2 comments:

Felicia Gilleylen said...

That's neat, knowing that everything that i have gotten or bought here lately has been purple... Also, Just think of yourself as being a passionate and a royal person. You all have a great Thursday!!!!!

Michele Parker said...

Enjoyed that little story...thanks for sharing!