Monday, October 20, 2008

RE-POST

I posted this blog a several days back and I believe it got skipped due to all the other post that week. Please take the time to read if you have not. Hey! I have a problem... is how I started most of my phone conversations last week. I had the PLEASURE to do Jana House's job while she was off playing in Talledaga. I posted check-ups for CSI and MLSI, and I helped Dana with a few bank statements. I have always known that bookkeeping could be a "headache" job and now I know it truly is a difficult position. There were several mistakes that each office made that could have been AVOIDED if check-ups would have been double checked before sending them in. I'm going to list a few problems that I had last week, and I would like EVERYONE to make notes of them and work hard to correct these issues. 1. Check Numbers- I know this does not seem like a big thing but if each office forgot "1" check Jana would have to make "50" phone calls. Do not skip check numbers. If you VOID a check, you still must report it on the check up. Once you have posted a check on your check up please mark that check stub with a BIG *, so that you know where you stopped. 2. Match Deposits with Check-ups - During the few bank statements I did I ran across several mistakes where offices would have one number on their checkup but would have deposited something TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Please make sure that you look at your check-ups when writing out your deposits. The way I had to figure this problem out was I had to pull that office's check-ups and then call them to ask why their deposit and check-up did not match. For example, I called an office and had the manager pull out her paperwork for a certain day and she figured out that they had posted the wrong numbers to the check-ups. If this office would have matched the deposit to the check-up then they would have caught the mistake before sending it in. This was a small problem to fix but took 30-45 minutes to figure out. 3. Checkups are due by 10:00 - If you forget to send checkups, please put a reminder on your computer. Everyone has a reminder in their email that will pop up to help remind you to send them in. If you need help with this, please ask. These are just a few things that I had problems with. So let's all try to make Jana and Dana's job a little less stressful and a little faster. If you have any questions about check-ups, please get with Jana and she will be glad to assist you. Kim

2 comments:

MEI Area Managers' Blog said...

GREAT ADVICE!

Bridget

DENA ELLIS said...

I try to check and double check all my paperwork before sending so I don't cause a problem for anyone!